These vanilla and strawberry biscuits look and taste great and are so easy to make.
300g plain flour
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Tip the flour and butter into a food processor and blitz to fine crumbs. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla and mix until you have a dough.
2. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough and cut out circular shapes using a cutter and transfer to a lined baking tray. Allow some room around each one as they will spread a little.
Tip: Dip the cutter in flour to make the shapes press out more easily.
4. Using small alphabet cutters or a small heart, cut out the shapes from the centre of half of the biscuits.
5. Bake in the oven at 180C for 10-12 minutes until just golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Once cooled, spoon the strawberry jam onto the centre of each of the whole biscuits and sandwich together with the cut-out pieces.