These love heart cookies look so fancy but they're really easy to make. They take a little longer as you need to chill the dough but definitely worth it!
300g plain flour
120g golden caster sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
red food colouring
1. Blitz the flour and butter in a food processor to crumbs. Add the sugar and egg yolks and mix into a dough. Remove 1/3 of the dough and set aside.
2. Add the vanilla to the remaining dough and mix to combine. Wrap this dough in clingfilm and set aside.
3. Put the reserved dough back in the food processor and add the red food colouring. Pulse and add more colouring until you have the desired colour. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Once chilled, remove the red dough and thickly roll out between two pieces of parchment (this helps to stop your worktop from turning pink!). Cut small hearts with a cutter and stack them together carefully to form one long cylinder. Be careful to keep the shape of the heart throughout. Wrap in clingfilm and freeze for at least 1 hour.
5. Split the remaining dough into three sections and roll out into fat sausages just longer than the length of the heart cylinder. Attach each sausage lengthways to each side of the hearts. Wrap in clingfilm and gently roll until it completely encircles the coloured dough. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
6. Slice the cookie dough into 1cm thick discs, place evenly on a lined baking tray and bake at 180C for 20 minutes.