The perfect St Patrick's Day treat! The Guinness really brings a unique flavour to these cakes, they're delicious! Enjoy them un-iced or I added a cream topping to mimic the creamy head that sits on top of a pint of Guinness.
125g butter (melted)
225 golden caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
150g self raising flour
200ml double cream
25g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
2. Melt the butter and add the Guinness. Stir in the vanilla and eggs.
3. Whisk in the cocoa, sugar and flour until well combined.
4. Divide the mixture into 12 muffin cases and bake at 180C for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
5. Add the icing sugar to the cream and whip together until firm. Dollop a spoonful on top of each cake and sprinkle with cocoa. Enjoy!