A childhood classic - delicious served warm with custard!
Ready-made pastry base or ready rolled short-crust pastry
125g golden syrup
25g demerara sugar
125g strawberry or raspberry jam
1. If not using a pre-made pastry base, roll out the ready rolled pastry and press into a tart tin. Bake for 15 mins until just golden.
2. Spoon the jam into the pastry base and press down creating an even layer.
3. Heat the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a pan and stir until combined and meted.
4. Take off the heat and stir in the cornflakes until coated well.
5. Spoon the cornflake mixture into the pastry base and spread evenly.
6. Return the tart to the oven for 5 minutes until the cornflakes are golden and toasted and serve warm with custard.