Chocolate Orange Drops
225g butter, softened
140g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
225g plain flour
1 orange, juice and zest
Chocolate and hazelnut spread
100g orange flavoured chocolate (optional)
Orange Smarties (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 190oC and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well.
3. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
4. Sift in the flour and cocoa and mix well.
5. Grate the orange zest into the mix and add the juice of half the orange.
6. Roughly chop the orange chocolate and add to the mixture, mixing well.
7. Scoop out tablespoons of the mixture and shape into small balls and put them on the baking tray, spaced well apart.
8. Use a dampened wooden spoon handle (or your thumb!) to make a hollow in the centre of each biscuit.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Once cooled, fill the hollows with chocolate and hazelnut spread and top with an orange Smartie.