A deliciously moist loaf cake - rich dark chocolate and sweet, ripe bananas....a perfect match!
175g caster sugar
2 ripe bananas
225g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
100g dark chocolate
1. Line a 900g loaf tin with parchment paper
2. Measure all of the ingredients (except the chocolate) into a mixing bowl and beat using an electric mixer or wooden spoon until well blended.
3. Break the chocolate into a separate bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
4. Add 1/3 of the banana mix to the melted chocolate and mix well.
5. Add 1/2 the plain banana mix to the bottom of the loaf tin.
6. Spoon in three spoonfuls of the chocolate mix on top.
7. Add a second layer with the remaining plain mix.
8. Spoon the remaining chocolate mix on top.
9. Using a knife, swirl the mixture together to create a marbled effect.
10. Bake for 50 mins - 1 hour at 180C until well risen and golden brown. Insert a skewer into the centre of the loaf, it will come out clean when cooked.
11. Allow to cool and cut into thick slices. Enjoy!