Carrot cake + cream cheesecakey filling + quick and easy to make = yes please!
- 115g butter (melted)
- 220g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tbsp vanilla extract
- 125g self raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 110g grated carrots
- 200g cream cheese
- 80g icing sugar
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, add the melted butter and brown sugar and mix to combine. Stir in one egg, 1 tbsp vanilla, flour, cinnamon and mix until completely combined. Stir in the shredded carrots and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg yolk and 1 tsp vanilla and mix until smooth and creamy.
4. Put half of the carrot cake mixture into the baking dish and spread with a spatula.
5. Then, take half of the cream cheese mixture and drop spoonfuls over the carrot cake. Layer with the remaining carrot cake mixture on top then the remaining cream cheese. Using a knife or skewer, swirl around until the two are swirled together.
6. Bake at 180C for 35-40 minutes until golden brown around the outside and set in the middle (it should not be too wobbly).
7. Leave to cool completely and then cut into squares.